Guest Blog: Hispanic population promising for business marketers
What does "marketing" mean to you?
As a business owner, it's important that you bring your marketing plan to life by being aware of all of the tools that are at your fingertips. If the Hispanic demographic is not a part of your plan, you need to think through it again.
With the U.S. Hispanic population of over 50 million expected to more than double by 2050, this is a coveted target market that merits a culturally sensitive and targeted strategy of its own.According to Latin Post, nearly 66% of Hispanic millennials are online users, making a good case to consider strong digital and mobile marketing campaigns for this segment.
Research shows that the U.S. Hispanic consumer is ahead of the curve when it comes to digital media. Hispanics are leading the way in the adoption of new devices (especially mobile) and they over-index in video consumption. So, it's no surprise that Universal Pictures has a YouTube channel dedicated to Latinos where it features custom spots, features, clips and content. Some of its trailers have nearly 6 million views. Those numbers are hard to ignore.
Digital and mobile marketing, experiential marketing, content marketing, and promotional campaigns are all vital components of the new marketing landscape. The social media landscape has revolutionized the way we market our businesses and ourselves. Some helpful ways that you can leverage an effective social media campaign to increase your reach among any market are:
- Know your audience: customers and competitors
- Make meaningful connections vs. casual contacts with your friends, followers, etc.
- Create a content calendar so that you are posting fresh, relevant content 2-3 times per week
- Track your progress with tools such as Google analytics and in-product tools offered by Facebook and LinkedIn
- Always stay ahead of the curve and don't let your social media strategy become stagnant. Incorporate campaigns and promotions to mix it up and generate engagement with your followers.