Hawaiian, Delta lead in on-time flight arrivals
Here are the government's rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance for August. Some airlines, including Spirit and Allegiant, are not included because they operate fewer flights. The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 94.0 percent
2. Delta Air Lines, 84.8 percent
3. Virgin America, 84.3 percent
4. Alaska Airlines, 83.8 percent
5. AirTran Airways, 83.7 percent
6. US Airways, 82.7 percent
7. Frontier Airlines, 77.5 percent
8. JetBlue Airways, 77.4 percent
9. SkyWest, 76.9 percent
10. United Airlines, 76.8 percent
11. Southwest Airlines, 75.3 percent
12. ExpressJet, 74.6 percent
13. American Airlines, 73.2 percent
14. Envoy Air, 70.1 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 77.7 percent
—Southwest and AirTran are owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
—American, US Airways and Envoy are owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
—Envoy was formerly American Eagle
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report can be found at: http://1.usa.gov/1w20mnZ