ESC board accepts donations
Numerous donations were accepted during the December meeting of the Shelby County Educational Service Center Governing Board.
Donations were accepted from Greg Wilt, Academia Scholarship; Ralph Bornhorst, Academia Scholarship; Air Handling, Inc., Academia Scholarship; Wilson Memorial Hospital, Academia Scholarship; Escape to Panache Salon/Day Spa, Academia Scholarship; Tri-County Veterinary Service; Thermoseal, Inc., Academia Scholarship; Mann Family Care, Academia Scholarship; Mutual Federal Savings Bank, Academia Scholarship; S & S Management, Academia Scholarship; Fort Loramie Education Association; Primecare Physicians, Academia Scholarship; Honda of America, Lego Robotics Tournament.
The board also approved the employment of Roy “Scott” Roddy as a substitute teacher on an as-needed basis at a rate of $80 per day and awarded a supplemental contract to Mike Wagner, WOCO, for on call duties.
In other business, the board:
• Approved Western Ohio Computer Organization's COG resolution.
• Approved purchased service contracts for Gabriel Matney, CORES Elementary Professional Development Training; Tamarah Matney, CORES Elementary Professional Development Training; Jonathan Bostic, CORES Elementary Professional Development Training; Curriculum Engineers Inc., Facilitate two Science Workshops as Professional Development Training; Nancy Junkins, Providing Value – added Analysis for Jackson Center Local School; and NK Telco Inc., Video recording and DVD production on January 7-8, 2014 for SEED/STEM presentation.
• Approved resolution approving Memorandum of Understanding with Upper Valley Career Center.
• Approved ESC Records Commission to dispose of records.
• Appointed Eric Ditmer as president pro-tem for January 2014 meeting.
• Set the date and time of the reorganization/regular meeting for Jan. 14 at 4 p.m.