LONDON (AP) - British prosecutors are considering corporate charges against Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. over phone hacking at the now-defunct News of the World tabloid.

LONDON (AP) British prosecutors are considering corporate charges against Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. over phone hacking at the now-defunct News of the World tabloid.

London's Metropolitan Police said Saturday it had submitted a file to the Crown Prosecution Service last month. Prosecutors confirmed they "received a full file of evidence for consideration of corporate liability charges" relating to phone hacking.

Meanwhile, the Financial Times reported that former News of the World editor Rebekah Brooks, who quit News Corp. four years ago amid the phone hacking scandal, would return to head Murdoch's British newspaper division.

News Corp. confirmed having talks with Brooks but said it had no announcement.

Murdoch shut down the News of the World when the scandal broke in July 2011.

Brooks was acquitted last year of conspiring to hack phones.