KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Two Malaysian boys whose father was a passenger on the jetliner that vanished in March last year secured an out of court settlement in the tragedy's first legal case against Malaysia Airlines and the government.

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) Two Malaysian boys whose father was a passenger on the jetliner that vanished in March last year secured an out of court settlement in the tragedy's first legal case against Malaysia Airlines and the government.

Lawyer Arunan Selvaraj said Tuesday the mother of the boys decided to accept compensation on their behalf so that they can "move forward with their life." Arunan declined to reveal the amount.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board when it disappeared March 8 last year. Authorities believe it crashed in a remote part of the southern Indian Ocean. A search is still ongoing.

Other relatives of Flight 370 passengers were waiting for the outcome of the first case. Arunan said he did not know if there would be more law suits.

Malaysia Airlines has begun the process of paying compensation after the Malaysian government declared the jet's disappearance an accident.

Arunan declined to say whether the compensation was more than the family's entitlement under the Montreal Convention, which governs liabilities from airline disasters.