LOGAN - Hocking Athens Perry Community Action will begin its Winter Crisis Program (E-HEAP) on Nov. 1.
LOGAN — Hocking Athens Perry Community Action will begin its Winter Crisis Program (E-HEAP) on Nov. 1.
The program is designed to help families and households who are facing emergency situation to maintain and/or restore electric or gas service and/or provide a bulk fuel, such as propane, wood, coal, fuel oil or kerosene.
An emergency situation is defined as having a disconnect notice for electric or natural gas or having less than a 25 percent (tank) supply of bulk fuel such as propane, fuel oil, coal or kerosene or less than a 10 day supply of firewood. This assistance is available only once per heating season (November through March).
To qualify, a person must be income eligible and be in an emergency situation. Households with a total gross income at or below 175 percent of the Federal Poverty Line might be eligible.
Applicants must present:
• Past three months gross income for all household members;
• Social Security cards for all members for the household;
• Proof of citizenship for the primary applicants such as birth certificate or other birth records;
• Copies of their utility bills (primary heating source and electric, if applicable);
• Disconnect notice (if applicable);
• If new service, proof of address;
• If utility bill is in a landlord's name, a statement from the landlord stating they want utility left in landlords name;
• If someone is coming in to do an application for another household, need a notarized statement from that household giving you permission.
Hocking, Athens and Perry Counties have started taking appointments through an integrated voice response system. The IVR scheduling system will be available from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. The scheduling system can be reached by calling toll free at 1-866-487-1362. A very limited amount of first-come, first-serve openings will be available on a daily basis. HAPCAP strongly recommends making an appointment due to a very limited amount of walk-in appointments that will be available.
Residents in Hocking County can go to the Regional Food Center, 1005 CIC Drive or can call 800-385-6813 or 740-385-6813.