Taking your dog to work? Consider these guidelines to stay in your co-workers'-and boss's-good graces:
• Use a baby gate to keep animals from leaving your cubicle or office.
• Not all dogs like delivery people, so leashes can be useful.
• Dogs should be well-behaved (not aggressive toward people) and know basic commands.
• Dogs must be on a flea-free program.
• Some companies allow only three "accidents" per dog. However, a dog may be allowed back once he or she has been housebroken.
• Owners must clean up after their dog goes to the bathroom outside.
• Some companies restrict dogs from conference rooms, restrooms and cafeterias.
• Make a list of items to bring, including bowls, food, treats, leash, pet carrier, toys and clean-up supplies.
Source: Dogfriendly.com, Paw-rescue.org