Ahhhh.... flowers, fashion and podcasting—all business, of course. Relax with your June issue of Columbus CEO.

After editing dozens of stories about the pandemic and its crushing economic and social effects, what a breath of fresh air it was to read freelancer Amy Braunschweiger's June cover feature on flower farming.

Did you know 80 percent of the flowers sold in the United States come from Ecuador and Colombia, and of the remaining 20 percent, three-quarters of those are grown in California? The floral markets shut down like everything else in March, causing supply chain backups not unlike those we've seen in the meat processing industry, except the waste of thousands or millions of flowers is a lot prettier to look at.

But what was bad for global flower growers turned out to be good for local ones. Columbus region farms saw a surge in demand from Ohio shut-ins who wanted beautiful blooms to brighten their office-school-homes. Farmers delivered, literally.

For this month's main feature, Braunschweiger's story on how the flower farming business works and how it benefited this spring is on point—and the issue is packed with vibrant photographs of flower farms. If you close your eyes, you can almost feel the spring breeze on your face and catch a waft of tulips, ranunculus, peony or anemone.

What else?

Flowers & Bread envisions a new identity that sticks close to its mission. Who knew one of the nation's largest podcasting services was based in Worthington? Katie Wolfe Lloyd's next gig Meet the superstar startup attorney making waves in Columbus (we bet you've already met her, because she is all-extrovert). This law firm moved during the pandemic lockdown, and all is well. Stay up to date with the region’s movers and shakers, top employers, philanthropic causes, real estate developments and thriving creative and startup scenes. Subscribe to Columbus CEO’s weekly newsletter.