Technology consultant Rebekah Lundberg talked to the Dallas Morning News about five tools to increase social media productivity. Lundberg is the U.S. marketing manager for global digital marketing and technology firm Valtech.
- Content creation is important. Keep your social media platforms engaging by sharing content that is interesting to your audience. RSS feeds and content curation tools can help you stay on top of news from blogs and relevant industry publications. Try LikeHack, which extracts and compiles content from news feeds as well as other information you have liked or shared.
- Have a plan. What good is creating content if you don’t have a plan to disseminate it? One helpful tool to boost productivity and keep your content on track is to create a collaborative editorial calendar, which houses all of your content with a timeline for posting. Helpful platforms include Microsoft Excel or Word, Google Drive or WordPress.
- Schedule your posts. Scheduling your social media content ahead of time is a huge timesaver. There are several scheduling tool options that span platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google Plus. Popular platforms to consider include HootSuite, Buffer and Facebook’s scheduler for Facebook-specific content.
- Use software to streamline customer communication. Customer relationship management (CRM) platforms provide a model for managing your business’s interactions with customers. Tools designed to integrate Twitter and Facebook activity with a company’s CRM platform help businesses handle problems voiced on social outlets quickly and efficiently.
- Evaluate analytics and return on investment. The ultimate test of your social media strategy lies in ROI. Measuring it can be difficult, but businesses are better equipped thanks to analytics tools. Google Analytics and SocialBro are two popular tools to gauge where customers are coming from and what they are viewing.
©2014 The Dallas Morning News
Visit The Dallas Morning News at www.dallasnews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services