Local crews responded a report of a gas leak at 1212 Dodd St. at 5:51 p.m. Sunday. The Napoleon Fire Department reported a motorist struck a gas meter outside the residence, which caused the leak. The Ohio Gas Co. was called out to the scene to shut off the gas flow. Local crews prepared to evacuate residents in the area, but the Napoleon Fire Department reported the gas company was able to shut off the gas before the evacuations were carried out. The department was back in service at 6:45 p.m. Sunday. (Photo by AARON AUZINS)

Local crews responded a report of a gas leak at 1212 Dodd St. at 5:51 p.m. Sunday. The Napoleon Fire Department reported a motorist struck a gas meter outside the residence, which caused the leak. The Ohio Gas Co. was called out to the scene to shut off the gas flow. Local crews prepared to evacuate residents in the area, but the Napoleon Fire Department reported the gas company was able to shut off the gas before the evacuations were carried out. The department was back in service at 6:45 p.m. Sunday. (Photo by AARON AUZINS)