FC Bank offers scholarships to Central Ohio business students
The application details as provided by FC Bank:
For the second year, FCBank is offering $500 scholarships to graduating seniors who plan to pursue higher education focused on business. This year they are substantially expanding the program, offering a $500 scholarship to a student at each of the 21 area high schools where FCBank branches are located. (The) program (will award scholarships) totaling $10,500.
Scholarship recipients who meet all the requirements (See requirements here) will be chosen based primarily on their essay. The deadline is April 17.
High School graduating seniors with intentions to further their education at a college or university and seeking a business-related degree. Students must attend a high school in the FCBank market area including Bucyrus, Mt. Hope, Shiloh, Cardington, Worthington, Upper Arlington, and Dublin. Dependents of Directors or Officers of FCBank are not eligible to apply.
If you could have dinner with any figure from American history, who would it be and why? What specific issues would you discuss?
- A minimum of 300 words
- Typed and double-spaced
- Participant name and/or family names should not appear on the essay
Along with the essay, applicants should provide:
- A brief summary of participation in community and school activities
- Two letters of recommendation from a present or past educator
- Two non-family references that can provide personal insight into the applicant
Essays will be judged on originality and how well ideas are expressed. Contributions to both school and community will be considered, as well as recommendations and reference checks.
Ways to Submit
- Complete the online application below and upload your essay and letters of recommendation OR
- Download the entire Scholarship Program packet for completion and turn into your school's Guidance Office along with essay and letters of recommendation.
Entry forms, essays, and letters of recommendation must be received by April 17, 2014. Winners will be announced on May 2, 2014.
Qualifying high schools include:
Buckeye Central (New Washington)
Colonel Crawford (North Robinson, OH)
Dublin City Schools
Fredericktown (Fredericktown, OH)
Gilead Christian (Mt. Giliad)
Hiland (Berlin, OH/Holmes County)
Plymouth (Plymouth, OH)
St. Charles Prep School
Wayside Christian (Bucyrus)
West Holmes (Millersburg, OH)