Ohio Trades Up
Ohio’s economy reaped the benefit of 1.4 million jobs and $49.6 billion in exported goods in 2012 as a result of international trade, according to a new report from the Business Roundtable.
Ohio ranked eighth in the country in exported goods and 13th in services exports, which were valued at $12.3 billion in 2011. Ohio goods went to 211 markets, including Canada, Mexico and China.
The roundtable is a CEO advocacy group whose members are among the country’s largest companies.
Ohio’s Top Exports (Goods)
• Motor vehicle parts: $5.9 billion
• Aerospace products and parts: $5.6 billion
• Motor vehicles: $3.1 billion
• Oilseeds and grains: $2.4 billion
• General purpose machinery: $2.3 billion
Ohio’s Top Exports (Services)
• Travel: $2.7 billion
• Port and freight services: $1.7 billion
• Industrial processes royalties: $1.6 billion