Mary Yost is back home at Columbus CEO.
Her appointment as editor in 2014 completes a circle that began when she started working as a reporter for The Dispatch while studying journalism at Ohio State University. Her two journalism careers bookend a stint in public relations and communications for a statewide trade group, the Ohio Hospital Association.
As editor, Mary assigns and edits stories for the magazine, oversees content and assures accuracy and relevance of all articles, listings, photo identifications and graphics. When time and opportunity allow, she even gets to write, which is her first love!
In her first journalism career, Mary’s award-winning coverage included assignments covering local courts, the Ohio Supreme Court and the Ohio General Assembly as well as county and suburban government beats.
At Columbus CEO, her focus is to provide context, depth, analysis and profiles to help central Ohio’s business and community leaders better understand today’s news and forecast tomorrow’s trends.
A Columbus native, Mary lives in Gahanna, where she enjoys her favorite three Gs – grandsons, gardening and golf.
Recent articles by Mary Yost
- This Can’t Wait: Great Mistakes
- This Can’t Wait: Taking Stock
- Editor’s Notes: Advice For Our New Mayor
- A Gator ride along the river with Guy Worley at new Scioto Greenways
- This Can't Wait: Good-luck charms!
- This Can’t Wait: And the winners are...
- This Can’t Wait: What to Be?
- This Can’t Wait: Breaking Good
- This Can’t Wait: Going places and new spaces
- Editor’s Notes: Good, Better, Best
- Revving Up Downtown Retail
- This Can’t Wait: To Your Health!
- This Can’t Wait: Events Not to Miss
- This Can’t Wait: Taking Top Honors
- Columbus 2020: A look at region’s rankings
- Columbus 2020: Update on Columbus Region goals and progress
- Social innovation, enterprise on the rise in Columbus
- Letter from the editor: A look at Downtown development
- This Can’t Wait: Labors of love