Mary Yost is back home at Columbus CEO.
Her appointment as editor in 2014 completes a circle that began when she started working as a reporter for The Dispatch while studying journalism at Ohio State University. Her two journalism careers bookend a stint in public relations and communications for a statewide trade group, the Ohio Hospital Association.
As editor, Mary assigns and edits stories for the magazine, oversees content and assures accuracy and relevance of all articles, listings, photo identifications and graphics. When time and opportunity allow, she even gets to write, which is her first love!
In her first journalism career, Mary’s award-winning coverage included assignments covering local courts, the Ohio Supreme Court and the Ohio General Assembly as well as county and suburban government beats.
At Columbus CEO, her focus is to provide context, depth, analysis and profiles to help central Ohio’s business and community leaders better understand today’s news and forecast tomorrow’s trends.
A Columbus native, Mary lives in Gahanna, where she enjoys her favorite three Gs – grandsons, gardening and golf.
Recent articles by Mary Yost
- This Can’t Wait: To Your Health!
- This Can’t Wait: Events Not to Miss
- This Can’t Wait: Taking Top Honors
- Columbus 2020: A look at region’s rankings
- Columbus 2020: Update on Columbus Region goals and progress
- Social innovation, enterprise on the rise in Columbus
- Letter from the editor: A look at Downtown development
- This Can’t Wait: Labors of love
- This Can’t Wait: Try something different
- As student debt rises, Columbus business leaders discuss ways to reduce the burden
- Ohio educators work to keep a lid on student debt
- This Can’t Wait: New spaces and faces
- Ray Paprocki named publisher and general manager of Dispatch Magazines
- This Can't Wait: Just do it!
- Letter from the editor: Student loan debt creates concern
- This Can’t Wait: Making It Better
- This Can’t Wait: Follow the leader!
- Twitter tips from Pelotonia CEO Doug Ulman (who has one million followers)
- This Can’t Wait: Collaboration
- This Can’t Wait: Top Workplaces and summer to-dos
- Letter from the editor: What good HR is all about
- Q&A: Pelotonia’s Doug Ulman on his ‘typical’ day and what makes Columbus different