Mary Yost is back home at Columbus CEO.
Her appointment as editor in 2014 completes a circle that began when she started working as a reporter for The Dispatch while studying journalism at Ohio State University. Her two journalism careers bookend a stint in public relations and communications for a statewide trade group, the Ohio Hospital Association.
As editor, Mary assigns and edits stories for the magazine, oversees content and assures accuracy and relevance of all articles, listings, photo identifications and graphics. When time and opportunity allow, she even gets to write, which is her first love!
In her first journalism career, Mary’s award-winning coverage included assignments covering local courts, the Ohio Supreme Court and the Ohio General Assembly as well as county and suburban government beats.
At Columbus CEO, her focus is to provide context, depth, analysis and profiles to help central Ohio’s business and community leaders better understand today’s news and forecast tomorrow’s trends.
A Columbus native, Mary lives in Gahanna. She enjoys cooking with her husband and her favorite three Gs – gardening, golf and grandsons.
Recent articles by Mary Yost
- Q&A: Doug Kridler on trust, success and the Columbus Foundation’s evolution
- U.S. cities need to work together on revitalization efforts
- Letter from the editor: Women on the rise in CEO ranks
- 2014 CEOs of the Year
- Letter from the editor: Politics is big business in Columbus
- Best of Business 2014: The Winners
- VentureNEXT celebrates startups at the LC in Arena District
- Getting involved in region is the Columbus Way
- TechColumbus First Connect program links entrepreneurs with big customers
- Columbus 2020 is on track to exceed economic development goals
- Letter from the editor: Columbus Region has treasures to boast
- Q&A with Columbus Partnership CEO Alex Fischer on Tax Climate for Business